Books are valuable sources of basic information, but more current health information is found in journal articles or reliable online sources such as these:
Health Reference Center (library database)
Medline Plus (free Web site) http://medlineplus.gov/
Mayo Clinic (free Web site) http://www.mayoclinic.com/
- Use books or recommended Web sites for background information.
- Find articles for the most current information and research results.
- Use keywords, not long phrases or questions.
- Combine keywords with "and" and "or"
- Keep track of databases and keywords you use.
- Ask for help if you can't find what you need!